Race day schedule
Sunday 11th October 2020
|7:00am||Race registration opens|
|9:00am||Race registration closes|
|8:20am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Medium and Long Course|
|8:30am||START – MEDIUM COURSE (15km)|
|8:35am||START – LONG COURSE (21km)|
|8:52am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Short Course|
|9:00am||START- SHORT COURSE (7km)|
|9:35am||Short course winners expected to finish|
|9:40am||Medium course winners expected to finish|
|10:05am||Long course winners expected to finish|
|11:00am||START – KIDS RUN (2km)|
|11:30pm||Race presentations and spot prize giveaways|
|12:00pm||Long course closes and event complete|
The Event Expo and Start / Finish area at Silvan includes sponsors displays, food / coffee for sale, live music, race commentary, social media boards, presentations and plenty more.
It’s a lovely, welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not. For a full list of services, see the Event Expo page.
Event centre and race finish line:
Silvan Reservoir Park, Stonyford Road, Silvan (Dandenong Ranges). Event centre will be in the parkland on Stonyford Road, below the dam wall.
Directions to get to Silvan Reservoir Park:
If coming from central Melbourne, drive out on the Eastern Freeway and continue onto Eastlink past Ringwood. Turn left onto Canterbury Rd and follow this through Montrose and then turn right onto York Rd to Mt Evelyn where you turn right onto Monbulk Rd and finally right onto Stonyford Rd at Silvan that leads to the parkland at the base of the reservoir wall.
Distance from the Melbourne CBD:
52km and 1hr 3mins according to Google maps.
We recommend that as many people as possible car pool with friends in order to get to SIlvan because parking is very limited in the start / finish area (and driving fewer cars saves fossil fuels!). Parking options may involve cars being parked up to 1km from the start / finish area (making it a great warm up!)
Finisher Medals (For Race 5)
All Gold Runners* will receive a finishers’ medal when you cross the line at the end of Race 5 as recognition of your achievement and participation in the 2020 Trail Running Series presented by MINI Countryman.
- Gold Runners are those runners who have a gold number plate and who entered at least 4 of the 5 races in the series.
Kids run information
When: 11:00am, Sunday 11th October
Where: Same as courses above (in the start / finish chute in Silvan Reservoir Park)
Who: For kids aged up to 10 years
- $7 entry, includes race plate, ribbon and fruit at the finish
- Enter online prior to 12:00pm Friday 9th October or pay on the day at registration, prior to 10:45am.
- A parent / guardian will be required to attend registration to complete the entry form
2.2km easy loop, starting and finishing in the event expo area. Refer to Course Description page for map and more details.
Start line location
In the start / finish chute in Silvan Reservoir Park on Stonyford Road at the base of the reservoir wall.
All distances will start racing with a single wave start at the following start times:
- 8:30am MEDIUM COURSE – all runners start
- 8:35am LONG COURSE – all runners start
- 9:00am SHORT COURSE – all runners start
- 11:00am KIDS RUN – all runners start
Please place yourself in the start chute according to your honest running ability, with fast runners near the front, recreational runners in the middle and those who are here to enjoy yourself towards the back.
- Please be honest about your ability as it will maximise your and everyone else’s enjoyment if you place yourself accurately
- Your time will be recorded when you cross the timing mat at the start, so it does not truly matter where you start
- Those runners waiting for your start are asked to wait to the side of the start chute so you are out of the way of runners getting under way
Competitor number plates
Number plate identification
All competitors are required to wear their race number plate whilst running in the race. Numbers must be safety pinned to the front of your race top so it is clearly visible from the front.
Your number plate will have a small timing tag stuck to the back of it so we can record your start and finish time. This tag looks just like a strip of foam, so please do not remove it from your number plate otherwise you will not get an official result.
- GOLD number plates denote runners who have entered the entire Series, doing at least 4 of the 5 events in the series.
- Red number plates denote runners entered into the VFuel Long Course at Silvan
- Green number plates denote runners entered into the Medium Course at Silvan
- Blue number plates denote runners entered into the Short Course at Silvan
If you have a GOLD number plate and are doing all races in the series please KEEP YOUR NUMBER PLATE and timing tag to use for ALL of your races in the series.
Number plate collection
Competitors who entered Race 3 (or the Series) BEFORE 8:00am Friday 25 September will receive their event number plate in the post before the event. If you are going to be away from home or if you have not received it in the post by Thursday 2nd August then please call the Rapid Ascent office on 03 5261 5511.
Competitors who enter Race 3 (or the series) AFTER 8:00am Friday 25 September must collect their event number plate from Registration on race morning.
Once you have received your number plate (either via post or collection) you do not need to ‘report in’ or register at the event venue on race morning, just warm up, arrive at the start line ready to race!
We strongly encourage all runners NOT TO WEAR HEADPHONES or listen to music whilst running in the Trail Running Series events. This is primarily for your safety, so that runners wishing to overtake on a narrow section of track can communicate with you and advise where/how they’d like to pass without causing a crash. The courses also pass through some magnificent eucalypt bush land filled with birds and other wildlife that is all part of the trail running experience and if you’re pounding away to music you can’t hear that either!