Event weekend schedule
Sunday 6th September 2020
|7:00am – 9:00am||Registration for The Trail Running Series|
|8:38am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Long Course runners|
|8:45am||START – LONG COURSE (23km)|
|8:52am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Medium Course runners|
|9:00am||START – MEDIUM COURSE (15km)|
|9:08am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Short Course runners|
|9:15am||START – SHORT COURSE (8km)|
|10:00am – 11:20am||Registration for Friendly 4km|
|11:30am||START – FRIENDLY 4km|
|12:00pm||Race Presentations for The Trail Running Series|
|1:00pm||Course closed and event complete|
There will be a great setup of competitor services and facilities at the Event Centre (where the finish line is) at Anglesea Riverbank Park. Full a full list of services see the Event Expo page.
Event centre and race finish line:
Anglesea Riverbank Park, Great Ocean Road.
This is the same as 2017 (2018-2019 was at Anglesea Green). So for 2020 we are back to the Anglesea Riverbank Park which is located behind Anglesea Main Beach – just past the Visitor Information Center.
Directions to get to the Anglesea Riverbank Park:
Depending on where you are coming from, navigate yourself onto the Geelong bypass and keep following the Main Road to Anglesea. Keep going on the same road (now called the Great Ocean Road) and descend into Anglesea. Go past the shops (on your right), through the roundabout, across the bridge, and the Anglesea Riverbank Park and event centre is on the left just past the Visitor Information Center, before you get to Main Beach.
Distance from the Melbourne CBD:
115km and 1hr20mins according to Google maps.
Car parking and access to the event:
Recommended event parking is
- in the streets behind the shops,
- in the side streets surrounding the Riverbank Park
- In the shopping area over the Great Ocean Road – although please do not park here all day and restrict access to the local shops
- In the public car parks beside the Anglesea River; or in the side streets off the Great Ocean Road.
- Please do not park on any yellow lines and be conscious of residents and other local traders needing to come and go.
Friendly 4km Info
When: 11:30am, Sunday 6 Septmeber
Where: Start on Anglesea Main Beach / Finish at Anglesea Riverbank Park
Who: For anyone wanting a go at trail running (not part of Series points)
How: Enter online prior to 8:00am Tuesday 5th September or pay on the day at Registration, between 10:00am – 11:30am on Sunday morning.
Course Map: Refer to Course Description page for map and details.
Start line location
All runners start on the Anglesea Main Beach – adjacent the river mouth. NOTE – this is 100-200m away from the event centre and rego / finish line.
All distances will start racing with a single wave start at the following start times:
- 8:45am LONG COURSE – all runners start
- 9:00am MEDIUM COURSE – all runners start
- 9:15am SHORT COURSE – all runners start
- 11:30am FRIENDLY 4km – all runners start
Please place yourself in the start chute according to your honest running ability, with fast runners near the front, recreational runners in the middle and those who are here to enjoy yourself towards the back.
Competitor number plates
Number plate identification
All competitors are required to wear their race number plate whilst running in the race. Numbers must be safety pinned to the front of your race top so it is clearly visible from the front.
Your number plate will have a small timing tag stuck to the back of it so we can record your start and finish time. This tag looks just like a strip of foam, so please do not remove it from your number plate otherwise you will not get an official result.
- GOLD number plates denote runners who have entered the entire Trail Running Series, doing at least 4 of the 5 events in the series.
- Red number plates denote runners entered into the Long Course
- Green number plates denote runners entered into the Medium Course
- Blue number plates denote runners entered into the Short Course
- PINK number plates denote runners in the standalone Friendly 4km
If you have a GOLD number plate and are doing all races in the series please KEEP YOUR NUMBER PLATE and timing tag to use for all of your races in the series.
Number plate collection
Competitors who entered Race 3 before 8:00am Friday 28 August will receive their event number plate in the post before the event. If you are going to be away from home or if you have not received it in the post by Tuesday 1st September then please call the Rapid Ascent office on 03 5261 5511.
- Competitors who enter Race 3 after 8:00am Friday 28 August must collect their event number plate from Registration on race morning.
- Once you have received your number plate (either via post or collection) you do not need to ‘report in’ or register at the event venue on race morning, just warm up, arrive at the start line ready to race!
We strongly encourage all runners NOT TO WEAR HEADPHONES or listen to music whilst running in the The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face events. This is primarily for your safety, so that runners wishing to overtake on a narrow section of track can communicate with you and advise where/how they’d like to pass without causing a crash. The courses also pass through some magnificent eucalypt bush land filled with birds and other wildlife that is all part of the trail running experience and if you’re pounding away to music you can’t hear that either!
12:00pm, Sunday 6 September for the The Trail Running Series presented by MINI Countryman
Visit Great Ocean Road Real Estate for all your needs
Great Ocean Road Holidays has over 1,000 properties along the west coast of Victoria!
Our holiday accommodation arm has the largest volume of bookings in the southern hemisphere! If you’re looking to stay in Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Lorne or Apollo Bay, we have an abundance of great properties for you to choose from. Give us a call or go straight to our website. We look forward to seeing you on the coast. http://www.greatoceanroadholidays.com.au/