Event weekend schedule
Saturday 21st September 2019
|7:30am||Surf Coast Century 100km starts|
|10:30am – 6:00pm||Event expo open at the Anglesea Lions Park|
|11:55am||Surf Coast Century 50km race starts|
|2:00pm – 4:00pm||Registration for The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face Race 4|
|2:50pm||Winning Surf Coast Century relay team expected to finish|
|3:45pm||Winning individual of the Surf Coast Century expected to finish|
|Finishers in the Surf Coast Century will keep crossing the line all night|
Sunday 22nd September 2019
|7:00am – 9:00am||Registration for The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face|
|8:38am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Long Course runners|
|8:45am||START – LONG COURSE (23.2km)|
|8:52am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Medium Course runners|
|9:00am||START – MEDIUM COURSE (15.4km)|
|9:08am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Short Course runners|
|9:15am||START – SHORT COURSE (8.7km)|
|9:00am||Race presentations for the Surf Coast Century|
|10:00am – 11:20am||Registration for Kids Run|
|11:30am||START – KIDS RUN (2.5km)|
|12:00pm||Race Presentations for The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face|
|1:00pm||Course closed and event complete|
There will be a great setup of competitor services and facilities at the Event Centre (where the finish line is) at Anglesea Lions Park. Full a full list of services see the Event Expo page.
The expo will also be set up on the Saturday as part of the Surf Coast Century. You’re most welcome to register for Race 4 on Saturday and watch the very inspiring Surf Coast Century.
Event centre and race finish line:
Anglesea Lions Park, Great Ocean Road. This is the same as 2018 when we moved venue’s, and is located directly opposite the main Anglesea shops on the Great Ocean Road, adjacent the traffic lights.
Directions to get to the Anglesea Lions Park:
Depending on where you are coming from, navigate yourself onto the Geelong bypass and keep following the Main Road to Anglesea. Keep going on the same road (now called the Great Ocean Road) and descend into Anglesea. The Lions Park and event centre is on the left just opposite the shops and the traffic pedestrian lights.
Distance from the Melbourne CBD:
115km and 1hr20mins according to Google maps.
Car parking and access to the event:
Recommended event parking is
- in the streets behind the shops,
- in the side streets surrounding the Lions Park area such as Cameron Rd, Purnell St, Hedley St…
- In the shopping area over the Great Ocean Road – although please do not park here all day and restrict access to the local shops
- In the public car parks beside the Anglesea River (near last years’ event centre); or in the side streets off the Great Ocean Road.
- Please do not park on any yellow lines and be conscious of residents and other local traders needing to come and go.
Kids run Info
When: 11:30am, Sunday 22nd September
Where: Start / Finish at Anglesea Lions Park
Who: For kids aged up to 10 years
- $7 entry, includes race plate, ribbon and fruit at the finish
- Enter online prior to 8:00am Tuesday 5th September or pay on the day at Registration, between 10:00am – 11:30am on Sunday morning.
- A parent / guardian will be required to attend Registration to complete the entry form
The 2.5km Kids Run will start and finish at the Anglesea Lions Park event expo area and do a lap of the Anglesea Inlet for a fun but straight forward run for kids. Refer to Course Description page for map and details.
Start line location
All runners start on the Anglesea Main Beach – adjacent the river mouth. NOTE – this is 1km away from the event centre and rego / finish line. Pleaase allow enough time to get there!
All distances will start racing with a single wave start at the following start times:
- 8:45am LONG COURSE – all runners start
- 9:00am MEDIUM COURSE – all runners start
- 9:15am SHORT COURSE – all runners start
- 11:30am KIDS RUN – all runners start
Please place yourself in the start chute according to your honest running ability, with fast runners near the front, recreational runners in the middle and those who are here to enjoy yourself towards the back.
Competitor number plates
Number plate identification
All competitors are required to wear their race number plate whilst running in the race. Numbers must be safety pinned to the front of your race top so it is clearly visible from the front.
Your number plate will have a small timing tag stuck to the back of it so we can record your start and finish time. This tag looks just like a strip of foam, so please do not remove it from your number plate otherwise you will not get an official result.
- GOLD number plates denote runners who have entered the entire Trail Running Series, doing at least 4 of the 5 events in the series.
- Red number plates denote runners entered into the Long Course
- Green number plates denote runners entered into the Medium Course
- Blue number plates denote runners entered into the Short Course
If you have a GOLD number plate and are doing all races in the series please KEEP YOUR NUMBER PLATE and timing tag to use for all of your races in the series.
Number plate collection
Competitors who entered Race 4 before 8:00am Friday 6th September will receive their event number plate in the post before the event. If you are going to be away from home or if you have not received it in the post by Thursday 31st August then please call the Rapid Ascent office on 03 5261 5511.
- Competitors who enter Race 4 after 8:00am Friday 6th September must collect their event number plate from Registration on race morning.
- Once you have received your number plate (either via post or collection) you do not need to ‘report in’ or register at the event venue on race morning, just warm up, arrive at the start line ready to race!
We strongly encourage all runners NOT TO WEAR HEADPHONES or listen to music whilst running in the The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face events. This is primarily for your safety, so that runners wishing to overtake on a narrow section of track can communicate with you and advise where/how they’d like to pass without causing a crash. The courses also pass through some magnificent eucalypt bush land filled with birds and other wildlife that is all part of the trail running experience and if you’re pounding away to music you can’t hear that either!
9:00am, Sunday 22nd September for the Surf Coast Century
12:00pm, Sunday 22nd September for the The Trail Running Series
Visit Great Ocean Road Real Estate for all your needs
Great Ocean Road Holidays has over 1,000 properties along the west coast of Victoria!
Our holiday accommodation arm has the largest volume of bookings in the southern hemisphere! If you’re looking to stay in Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Lorne or Apollo Bay, we have an abundance of great properties for you to choose from. Give us a call or go straight to our website. We look forward to seeing you on the coast. http://www.greatoceanroadholidays.com.au/