You don’t have to be in the top 3 to be in the running for some great prizes! There are heaps of spot prizes and ways we acknowledge everyone, not just the fastest.
The following categories will be recognised at each of the 2021 Trail Running Series for the long, medium and short course distances:
- Under 15 Male and Female (in the Short Course only)
- Under 20 Male and Female
- 20-39yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50-59yrs Male and Female
- 60-69yrs Male and Female
- 70+ Male and Female
Categories will be determined by your age on race day.
KIDS RUN: no Categories.
FRIENDLY 4KM (Anglesea Race): Male and Female open categories (no age groups)
Race prizes and awards
Medals will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category in each race distance at each race location. (note, everyone is a winner for Kids Run as it is not a race)
Series prizes and awards – Physical Races
Long, Medium and Short Course Series winners in each age category will be recognised based on the details below:
- Series results will be determined for runners who complete 4 races out of the 5 races.
- It does not matter which of the 4 races you complete. If you do all 5 races then you can drop your worst result so that only 4 races are counted.
- To be considered for a series result a runner must do all 4 races of the same length (e.g. all long Course runs or all Short Course runs – not a mix of the two)
- Series runners will be ranked according to their category place in each race, with the lowest cumulative score being the winner of the series in that category
- If a series runner has a birthday that causes them to change age category during the Series (e.g. they turn from 39yrs to 40yrs after completing race 1) then for their category series standing they will continue to be considered in the category in which they started the series (e.g. 20yrs -39rs)
- If points are tied between two or more runners, then the runner with the best placing in Race 3 (Anglesea) will be the winner. If neither of the drawn runners completes Race 3 the winner will be determined by their result in Race 5 (Silvan).
- To be eligible for series prizes and awards you can either enter as an individual to four or five single races, OR be entered as a ‘Gold Runner’.
Awards will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category for the Long, Medium and Short course Series Overall.
Collection of medals and/ or prizes
We encourage all category winners to stay after their race to enjoy the event expo, watch other runners finish and attend presentations. If you are unable to attend presentations, you are required to contact Rapid Ascent prior to the first Friday after the event to arrange collection at the following event or pay $10 postage. Any prizes/awards that are not collected by the first Friday after the event will be forfeited.
WIN a VIP Group Experience
Part of a running club, group or pack? Enter your group name in the online entry process for your chance to WIN a VIP Group Experience. One lucky group will be drawn prior to each race and will win VIP access on race day! The VIP area includes chairs, your very own marquee, and a tasty hamper of post race food and drinks to consume there and then.
Minimum of 5 per group to be eligible.
*Enter your group name in the online entry system before the online entry cut-off for each race
Random prizes and awards
A range of random prizes, encouragement awards and other presentations will be made to runners at EACH RACE, so it will be well worth waiting around after you have finished as anyone can be a winner!
Also see the Competitions page for social media prizes up for grabs.