The Event Centre at each race
The following competitor services and facilities will be set up at the Event Centre – at the finish line – for each race, making a welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not:
- Race registration and information marquee (from 7:00am)
- Rise Health Group will be providing free massage
- Footpro will be retailing shoes and and other running apparel
- The HIIT Factory interactive stand
- Displays and sales by our event sponsors HIIT Factory, 32gi Sports Nutrition, Nathan and others
- Free Massage thanks to the team at Rise Health Group – race 1 and 3 only
- A drink station with water and sports hydration – BYO cup or bottle (refer below)
- First aid medical
- Bag storage area
- Please make sure your clothing is in a bag with your name and race number on it
- Live music after the race
- Race commentary and MC
- Results centre
- Great coffee and toasted sandwiches provided by @themelbournecoffeeground.
- BBQ – a local community organisation will conduct a fundraising BBQ in the event expo area to provide runners, friends and family with a late breakfast / brunch before, during and after the race
- Toilets – including port-a-loo facilities where required.
It’s a great vibe at the Event Centre so don’t rush off after your race; stick around to support the other runners as they finish, to enjoy a post-race beverage and attend presentations (you might win a prize!).
The hydration station located in the event expo area will have water and 32gi sports hydration available for all runners – but you must BRING YOR OWN CUPS OR BOTTLES…
As a way of minimising our environmental foot print and reducing the number of single-use cups we use at our events we WILL NOT BE PROVIDING ANY CUPS at the water point at the start / finish area and we ask you to please bring your own (or to purchase one of our cool collapsible cups). FYI: we used to go through ~2,500 single use plastics cups at every finish line and after last year we decided enough was enough and ask you to please bring a reusable one of your own.
Collapsible cups for SALE: made of eco-friendly silicon rubber, you can buy one of these for $5 and re-use it forever! Prepurchase your cup here.
Note: we will still be providing some cups at the water points out on the course so you do not have to carry a cup / bottle with you (although we’d prefer it if you did).
We will store your bags and keep an eye over them whilst you’re out on the trails. Please drop your bags off at least 5-10 minutes before your race start, just make sure all items are in a closed bag with your race number written on the side, with no valuables inside.
All number plates have a removable ‘bag-tag’ at the bottom. We encourage you to use this to help identify your bag when you leave it with us.
NEW>>> All runners will receive A FREE PROFESSIONAL PHOTO from our event photographer (Photos4sale) after each race.
Photos 4 Sale will also have a couple of professional photographers at each event to capture you in action and will have additional photos for sale at their ‘pay what you want’ pricing structure. So please make sure you have your race number bib clearly displayed when running so they know who you are!