The centre of each race
The following competitor services and facilities will be set up at the Event Village – at the finish line – for each race, making a welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not.
- Race registration and information marquee (from 7:00am)
- Social Central zone allowing runners to chill and chat after the race with chair, tables, umbrellas and other comforts!
- A range of sponsor stands and displays, including:
- Knog head torches and lighting
- Skratch Hydration and Nutrition
- Foot Pro retailing shoes, packs and accessories
- Australian Sports Beer bat
- Blackmans Brewery bar
- Beyond physiotherapy massages
- Pro Feet Podiatry consultations
- Live music and race commentary
- COFFEE and other hot drinks available from friendly providers
- BBQ – a local community organisation will conduct a fundraising BBQ in the event expo area to provide runners, friends and family with a late breakfast / brunch before, during and after the race
- Kids activity zone with games like Giant Jenga, Cornhole and Quoits – BACK AGAIN FOR 2024!
- Bag storage area. Please make sure your clothing is in a bag with your name and race number on it
- A drink station with water and sports hydration – BYO cup or bottle (refer below)
- First aid medical
- Toilets – including port-a-loo facilities where required.
It’s a great vibe at the Event Village so don’t rush off after your race; stick around to support the other runners as they finish, to enjoy a post-race beverage and attend presentations (you might win a prize!).
The Trail Running Series is tough enough to provide a challenge but not so hard that you can’t enjoy the beautiful trails you run along. I loved every minute of it. – Maria L
The hydration station located in the event expo area will have water and Skratch sports hydration available for all runners – but you must BRING YOUR OWN CUPS OR BOTTLE.
You are welcome to leave your bags in with our friendly volunteers at the designated Bag Drop area.
Beyond – here to support you with FREE MASSAGE +
Our new healthcare partner Beyond will have a Myotherapist, a Physio and an Exercise Physiologist on hand to help enhance your performance and avoid injuries. They’ll be providing some free massages as well as to answer your questions and provide you with guidance on how to maintain your physical health.
Will be in attendance to assist with footcare and provide free advice on shoes, blisters, strength and any other foot related mater.
Free taster beer / seltzer thansk to Blackmans Brewery
Our new friends and event sponsors Blackmans Brewery and Coast Sletzer will have a bar onsite and be providing free tastings and sales of their award winning beers and seltzers. This nationally respected brewery is based in Torquay with additional bars in Ocean Grove and Geelong – and not only do they make great beers they are also trail runners who share our love for the trails. Drop by for a chat / meal / beer anytime.
Free 0% alc beer thansk to Australian Sports Beer
Event sponsors Australian Sports Beer will be providing a free 0% alcohol beer for all runners. If you’ve not tried a 0% beer before or if you developed a taste for it during last year’s Series then come and have a chat to Barry and grab a can for yourself or buy some for home if you like what they’re doing (we do).
Kids activity zone
We’ll have a bunch of games set up for kids (of any age) to play with during the morning, including Giant Jenga, Corn Hole and Quoits. “Fun for the whole family!”
Bitumen is boring backdrop
We will have our Bitumen is Boring backdrop with a range of fun placard signs for you to hold up and have fun with. Snap a selfie or grab a photo with some friends to create your own unique event photo.
Event photographers – pay what you want!
Photos 4 Sale will have a couple of professional photographers at each event to capture you in action and will have additional photos for sale at their ‘pay what you want’ pricing structure. So please make sure you have your race number bib clearly displayed when running so they know who you are! www.photos4sale.co.nz/
It was so nice to be able to run and enjoy the experience of moving outdoors, rather than constantly checking my watch for my times running on the same old bitumen paths. It was revitalizing, humbling, and good, muddy fun. – Liam