The Event Centre at each race
The following competitor services and facilities will be set up at the Event Centre – at the finish line – for each race, making a welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not:
- Race registration and information marquee (from 7:00am)
- Social Central zone allowing runerns to chill and chat after the race with: chair, tables, umbrellas and other comforts!
- A range of sponsor stands and displays, inclusing:
- Footpro will be retailing shoes and and other running apparel
- HIIT Factory interactive stand
- 32gi sampling and selling sports hydration and nutrition products
- Nathan selling backpacks and other apparel items
- Live music
- Race commentary and MC
- Results centre
- Great coffee and toasted sandwiches provided by @themelbournecoffeeground.
- BBQ – a local community organisation will conduct a fundraising BBQ in the event expo area to provide runners, friends and family with a late breakfast / brunch before, during and after the race
- Bag storage area Please make sure your clothing is in a bag with your name and race number on it
- A drink station with water and sports hydration – BYO cup or bottle (refer below)
- First aid medical
- Toilets – including port-a-loo facilities where required.
It’s a great vibe at the Event Centre so don’t rush off after your race; stick around to support the other runners as they finish, to enjoy a post-race beverage and attend presentations (you might win a prize!).
Really love the vibe, the locations, the people attending and the races in general. It’s just great fun!Sally – race 3 and 5 runner
The hydration station located in the event expo area will have water and 32gi sports hydration available for all runners – but you must BRING YOUR OWN CUPS OR BOTTLES…
As a way of minimising our environmental foot print and reducing the number of single-use cups we use at our events we WILL NOT BE PROVIDING ANY CUPS at the water point at the start / finish area and we ask you to please bring your own cup/water bottle or flask.
Collapsible cups for SALE – Limited stock left: made of eco-friendly silicon rubber, you can buy one of these for $5 and re-use it forever! Only a handful left! Prepurchase your cup here.
We will store your bags and keep an eye over them whilst you’re out on the trails. Please drop your bags off at least 10 minutes before your race start, just make sure all items are in a closed bag with your race number written on the side, with no valuables inside.
All number plates have a removable ‘bag-tag’ at the bottom. We encourage you to use this to help identify your bag when you leave it with us.
It was so nice to be able to run and enjoy the experience of moving outdoors, rather than constantly checking my watch for my times running on the same old bitumen paths. It was revitalizing, humbling, and good, muddy fun.Liam – series runner
Event photographers – pay what you want!
Photos 4 Sale will have a couple of professional photographers at each event to capture you in action and will have additional photos for sale at their ‘pay what you want’ pricing structure. So please make sure you have your race number bib clearly displayed when running so they know who you are! www.photos4sale.co.nz/