If you have any questions about entering please contact the Rapid Ascent office on 03 5261 5511 or [email protected]
Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about entries:
- Entry Fees
- Gold Runners / Entry Benefits
- Online Entry Closure Dates
- Race Plate Postage Cut-off Dates
- Kids’ Runs
- Running Groups
- Field Limits
- Refund Policy
- Event Rescheduling
The entry fees for the same distance event at each race are the same however there are 3 different entry fees for each race depending upon when you enter:
- An early bird entry fee – ending date 9:00am Monday 12th April
- A base entry fee through online entry closure
- An ‘on-the-day’ entry fee
ends 9am 12th April
ends when online entries close
(see dates below)
|Kids run (Silvan)||$7||$7||$7|
|Friendly 4 Solo |
|Friendly 4 Kids |
CLICK HERE TO ENTER
Single Race Entry Benefits 2021
Runners entering one race at a time or up to 3 separate races within the series will receive:
- Entry to the race
- Fully marked, marshalled course with professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- The opportunity to win random prizes at the presentations after the race
- Access to suggested training programs via the Training and Preparation page
- Plus other sponsor freebies and giveaways to be confirmed.
Series entrants: ‘Gold Runners’ – 2021
Gold Runners are entrants who enter 4 or more of the 5 events in the Series, before a certain date (TBC). Gold Runners in 2021 will receive:
- 10% off their race entry (you must enter the races in one transaction to receive discount)
- FREE technical event t-shirt – 2020 virtual t-shirt pictured below, there will be a new 2021 design (view size chart HERE)
- a special limited edition GOLD race plate
- a finisher’s medal at the end of the 5th race
- all single race benefits as outlined ABOVE
If you are unable to collect your Gold Runner finisher medal at Race 5 in 2021, please email [email protected] to arrange for it to be posted to you.
Competitors who enter a race prior to the below cut-off dates will receive their plate in the mail. If you enter after these times you will need to collect your plate at race registration.
- RACE 1 Yarra Bend: 8:00am Friday 21st May
- RACE 2 Smiths Gully: 8:00am Friday 25th June
- RACE 3: Anglesea Race: 8:00am, Friday 23rd July
- RACE 4: Werribee Gorge: 8:00am, Friday 3rd September
- RACE 5: Silvan: 8:00am Friday 1st October
When and Where:
11:00am Sunday at Silvan 17th October – 2km
11:30am Sunday at Anglesea 8th August – 4km
See entry fees above
Who: For kids aged up to 10 years (Silvan), Kids and Parents/guardians (Anglesea)
- Enter online prior OR pay on the day at Registration on Sunday morning.
- A parent / guardian will be required to attend Registration to complete the entry form
Part of a running club, group or pack? Enter your group name in the online entry process for your chance to WIN a VIP Group Experience. One lucky group will be drawn prior to each race and will win VIP access on race day! The VIP area includes air lounges, your very own marquee, and a tasty hamper of post race food and drinks to consume there and then.
Minimum of 5 per group to be eligible.
*Enter your group name in the online entry system before the online entry cut-off for each race
Field limits are imposed to preserve the experience for all trail runners. We suggest you enter online early to avoid disappointment (on the day entries are NOT guaranteed due to field limits).
Field limits for 2021 permit up to 500 runners in each race distance at each event.
Series entrants – Gold Runners – 2021
(Entered into 4 or 5 races for 2021 and wearing a GOLD race plate.)
A series race plate cannot be transferred to another competitor.
Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event (e.g. long course event) to a lower entry fee event (e.g. short course). In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will NOT BE REFUNDED or CREDITED.
Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event (e.g. short course) to a higher entry fee event (e.g. long course) up to one week before the event for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged.
If a Series Entrant is no longer able to participate in the Series after the date of the first race no credit or refund will be issued.
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from The Trail Running Series (Gold Runner) due to injury, illness, etc. and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 8:00am AEST Friday the 29 May 2020 a Credit or Refund will be issued.
- Gold Runner withdrawal cut-off = 8:00am, Friday 28th May 2021
- Credit = Credit towards a subsequent Rapid Ascent event less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid (maximum fee of $30).
- Refund = Receiving a cash refund of your entry fee less an administration fee of 25% of the entry fee paid (maximum fee of $40).
- Competitors will not be eligible to collect the series t-shirt if they withdraw from the event.
- No credit or refund will be issued if we are notified after Friday 28th May 2021. (Please note after the dates listed above Rapid Ascent has incurred the costs of the event.)
Transferring to another race within the series:
A series entrant may swap their current entry to new race location within the Series (without paying an administration fee) if they notify Rapid Ascent BEFORE 10:00AM ON THE FRIDAY immediatly prior to the race.
Transfers will be permitted after the dates listed above however a $10 transfer fee will apply.
Single Race Entrants – 2021
Transferring entry to another race within the series:
A runner may swap their current entry to new race location (without paying an administration fee) if they notify Rapid Ascent BEFORE 8:00AM ON THE FRIDAY 16 days prior to the race.
A $10 transfer fee will apply if Rapid Ascent is notified after the deadline date above (because we will have already posted your race plate):
Transfers will not be permitted after the dates listed above. No refund or credit will be issued.
Swapping race distance
Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event (e.g. long course event) to a lower entry fee event (e.g. short course). In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will NOT BE REFUNDED. If Rapid Ascent is notified after the race plate is posted out a $10 administration fee will apply.
Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event (e.g. short course) to a higher entry fee event (e.g. long course) for the cost of the fee increase only up to the aforementioned online entry closure dates. If Rapid Ascent is notified after the race plate is posted out the fee increase plus a $10 administration fee will apply.
Withdrawing from The Trail Running Series (Individual race entrants)
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from The Trail Running Series (due to injury, illness, etc.) and notifies Rapid Ascent BEFORE 8:00AM ON THE FRIDAY 16 days prior to the race they have the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
- CREDIT = Credit towards a subsequent Rapid Ascent event less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid (maximum fee of $30).
- REFUND = Receiving a cash refund of your entry fee less an administration fee of 25% of the entry fee paid (maximum fee of $40).
If a competitor notifies Rapid Ascent after the deadline for each race a Rapid Ascent credit will be issued. Credit towards a subsequent Rapid Ascent event less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid (maximum fee of $30).
Notification after the above dates: No refund or credit will be issued.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date.
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee.
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee.
In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated.
Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason.
Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.