General timings on race day
EACH RACE IN THE TRAIL RUNNING SERIES IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT HOWEVER HERE’S THE GENERAL RUN DOWN ON WHAT HAPPENS:
- Monday 13 days before race day: number plates are posted to competitors. If you receive your race plate by post, you do not need to attend Registration on race day.
- Friday 9 days before race day: a detailed event program is emailed to competitors that outlines all the race logistics and on the day information.
- Thursday 3 days before race day: online entries close. (Entries will be available on race morning unless sold out prior).
Race day schedules
The specific schedule for each race is available here:
- RACE 1 – 6 June: Yarra Bend
- RACE 2 – 11 July: Smiths Gully
- RACE 3 – 8 August: Anglesea
- RACE 4 – 19 September: Werribee Gorge
- RACE 5 – 17 October: Silvan
Each race starts at a different time between approximately 8:30am and 9:30am on race day. Make sure you check the specific schedule for each race (links above)
This series is so well run and everyone staff, volunteers and participants are all so friendly. Trail running is the only way to go and this series is the best one to be a part of.Katherine – series runner
After the race
After your race, we recommend:
- Hang out in the Social Central zone with your new and old trail running buddies!
- Buying a coffee and a bite of food from the vendors to enjoy the race atmosphere
- Listen to the live music
- Stick around to support other runners as they cross the finish line and share their smiles
- Watch the kids’ run being held at Silvan with 150+ kids aged 4-10yrs is always a bundle of fun!
- Staying for presentations to acknowledge the winners and hopefully claim a spot prize
- Posting on social media to tell the world what a great time you’ve had (#BitumenisBoring)
- Checking out your official results: Results
- Viewing your event photos (available by the Wednesday after the race): Photos