UPDATE 07-09-2021: The Anglesea Race has been rescheduled to Sunday 6th February 2022. All Anglesea race entries will be transferred to the new date. The next scheduled Trail Running Race will now be at Silvan on Sunday 14th November.
UPDATE 25-8-21: We’re still very confident that the Trail Running Series will able to continue with the 3 remaining races as planned – with the next race at Werribee Gorge on 19 September – however we will only proceed if Melbourne is out of lock down and able to attend. We are continuing to monitor the COVID situation and entrants can take confidence from our refund policy if there are further changes. Thanks for your patience, we’re looking forward to seeing you soon for the escape we all need!
UPDATE 11-08-21: The Anglesea Race has been rescheduled to Sunday 10 October. All Anglesea race entrants were emailed with details of the changes on Friday 13/8.
Anglesea Race rescheduled to 6th February, 2022 (from 10 October and previously from 8 August)
Event Weekend Schedule:
Sunday 6th February, 2022
|7:00am – 9:00am||Registration for The Trail Running Series|
|8:25am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Long Course runners|
|8:30am – 8:35am||START – LONG COURSE (22km)|
|8:35am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Medium Course runners|
|8:40am – 8:45am||START – MEDIUM COURSE (14km)|
|8:45am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Short Course runners|
|8:50am – 8:55am||START – SHORT COURSE (8km)|
|8:55am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – Friendly 4km runners|
|9:00am – 9:05am||START – FRIENDLY 4km|
|11:30pm||Race Presentations for The Trail Running Series|
|12:00pm||Course closed and event complete|
There will be a great setup of competitor services and facilities at the Event Centre (where the finish line is) at Anglesea Riverbank Park. Full a full list of services see the Event Expo page.
Event centre and race finish line:
Anglesea Riverbank Park, Great Ocean Road.
This is the same as 2017 (2018-2019 was at Anglesea Green). So for 2021 we are back to the Anglesea Riverbank Park which is located behind Anglesea Main Beach – just past the Visitor Information Center.
Directions to get to the Anglesea Riverbank Park:
Depending on where you are coming from, navigate yourself onto the Geelong bypass and keep following the Main Road to Anglesea. Keep going on the same road (now called the Great Ocean Road) and descend into Anglesea. Go past the shops (on your right), through the roundabout, across the bridge, and the Anglesea Riverbank Park and event centre is on the left just past the Visitor Information Center, before you get to Main Beach.
Distance from the Melbourne CBD:
115km and 1hr20mins according to Google maps.
Car parking and access to the event:
Recommended event parking is
- in the streets behind the shops,
- in the side streets surrounding the Riverbank Park
- In the shopping area over the Great Ocean Road – although please do not park here all day and restrict access to the local shops
- In the public car parks beside the Anglesea River; or in the side streets off the Great Ocean Road.
- Please do not park on any yellow lines and be conscious of residents and other local traders needing to come and go.
Friendly 4km Info
When: 9:00am, 6th Febraury 2022
Where: Start on Anglesea Main Beach / Finish at Anglesea Riverbank Park
Who: For anyone wanting a go at trail running – kids and adults most welcome
How: Enter online and then come and collect your race number plate before your race on Sunday morning.
Course Map: Refer to Course Description page for map and details.
Start line location
All runners start on the Anglesea Main Beach – adjacent the river mouth. NOTE – this is 100-200m away from the event centre and rego / finish line.
*Draft Starting Procedure – pending COVID restrictions. Exact start process confirmed in race week:
- Runners in each event will have a designated 5 minute time window during which you can start your race.
- We encourage runners to start across the entire 5 minute window in order to reduce group gatherings.
- Runners must wear a mask when waiting to start, and can only remove the mask once under way.
- Your race time will commence when you cross the start line.
8:30am – 8:35am : Long course
8:40am – 8:45am : Medium course
8:50am – 8:55am : Short course
9:00am – 9:05am : Friendly 4km
We encourage faster runners to start earlier in their start window and more leisurely runners to start a bit later.
Competitor number plates
Number plate identification
All competitors are required to wear their race number plate whilst running in the race. Numbers must be safety pinned to the front of your race top so it is clearly visible from the front.
- GOLD number plates denote runners who have entered the entire Trail Running Series, doing at least 4 of the 5 events in the series.
- Red number plates denote runners entered into the Long Course
- Green number plates denote runners entered into the Medium Course
- Blue number plates denote runners entered into the Short Course
- Light blue number plates denote runners in the standalone Friendly 4km
If you have a GOLD number plate and are doing all races in the series please KEEP YOUR NUMBER PLATE and timing tag to use for all of your races in the series.
Number plate collection
Competitors who entered before 8:00am Friday 23rd July will receive their event number plate in the post before the event. If you are going to be away from home or if you have not received it in the post by Tuesday 2nd August then please call the Rapid Ascent office on 03 5261 5511.
- Competitors who enter after 8:00am Friday 23rd July must collect their event number plate from Registration on race morning.
- Once you have received your number plate (either via post or collection) you do not need to ‘report in’ or register at the event venue on race morning, just warm up, arrive at the start line ready to race!
We strongly encourage all runners NOT TO WEAR HEADPHONES or listen to music whilst running in the The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face events. This is primarily for your safety, so that runners wishing to overtake on a narrow section of track can communicate with you and advise where/how they’d like to pass without causing a crash. The courses also pass through some magnificent eucalypt bush land filled with birds and other wildlife that is all part of the trail running experience and if you’re pounding away to music you can’t hear that either!
11:15am on Event Day for the The Trail Running Series.
Visit Great Ocean Road Real Estate for all your needs
Great Ocean Road Holidays has over 1,000 properties along the west coast of Victoria!
Our holiday accommodation arm has the largest volume of bookings in the southern hemisphere! If you’re looking to stay in Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Lorne or Apollo Bay, we have an abundance of great properties for you to choose from. Give us a call or go straight to our website. We look forward to seeing you on the coast. http://www.greatoceanroadholidays.com.au/