Sunday 7 July 2024
|7:00am – 9:00am
|Registration for The Trail Running Series
|START – LONG COURSE (29km)
|START – MEDIUM COURSE (16km)
|START – SHORT COURSE (7.5km)
|START – FRIENDLY 4km
|Friendly 4km, Short & Medium course presentations
|Long course presentations
There will be a great setup of competitor services and facilities at the Event Centre (where the finish line is) at Anglesea Riverbank Park – just 300m from the beach! For a full list of services see the Event Expo page
Event centre and race finish line:
Anglesea Riverbank Park, Great Ocean Road. Located behind Anglesea Main Beach – just past the Visitor Information Center.
Directions to get to the Anglesea Riverbank Park:
Depending on where you are coming from, navigate yourself onto the Geelong bypass and keep following the Main Road to Anglesea. Keep going on the same road (now called the Great Ocean Road) and descend into Anglesea. Go past the shops (on your right), through the roundabout, across the bridge, and the Anglesea Riverbank Park and event centre is on the left just past the Visitor Information Center.
Distance from the Melbourne CBD:
115km and 1hr20mins according to Google maps.
Car parking and access to the event:
Recommended event parking is
- In the large public car park immediatly adjacent the Event Centre
- in the side streets surrounding the Riverbank Park
- NOTE: Please do not park on any yellow lines and be conscious of residents and other local traders needing to come and go.
Start line location
All races start on the Anglesea Beach, approximately 300m from the event expo area. Access to the start is ONLY via the timber steps at the far end of the car park – do not attempt to go via the rivermouth unless you want we feet
All distances will start racing with a single wave start at the times listed.
Competitor number plates
Number plate identification
All competitors are required to wear their race number plate whilst running in the race. Numbers must be safety pinned to the front of your race top so it is clearly visible from the front.
- GOLD number plates denote runners who have entered the entire Trail Running Series, doing all 3 events in the series.
- RED, GREEN & BLUE number plates will be given to all single race runners… ie, those who are not entered into the entire Series. Red (long course), Green (medium course), Blue (short course).
- PINK number plates denote runners in the standalone Friendly 4km
If you have a GOLD number plate and are doing all races in the series please KEEP YOUR NUMBER PLATE and timing tag to use for all of your races in the series.
Number plate collection
Competitors who entered before 8:00am Wednesday 19th June 2024 will receive their event number plate in the post before the event.
- Competitors who enter after 8:00am Wednesday 19th June 2024 must collect their event number plate from Registration on race morning.
- Once you have received your number plate (either via post or collection) you do not need to ‘report in’ or register at the event venue on race morning, just warm up, arrive at the start line ready to race!
We strongly encourage all runners NOT TO WEAR HEADPHONES or listen to music whilst running in the The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face events. This is primarily for your safety, so that runners wishing to overtake on a narrow section of track can communicate with you and advise where/how they’d like to pass without causing a crash. The courses also pass through some magnificent eucalypt bush land filled with birds and other wildlife that is all part of the trail running experience and if you’re pounding away to music you can’t hear that either!
Visit Great Ocean Road Real Estate for all your needs
Great Ocean Road Holidays has over 1,000 properties along the west coast of Victoria!
Our holiday accommodation arm has the largest volume of bookings in the southern hemisphere! If you’re looking to stay in Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Lorne or Apollo Bay, we have an abundance of great properties for you to choose from. Give us a call or go straight to our website. We look forward to seeing you on the coast. http://www.greatoceanroadholidays.com.au/