COVID REQUIREMENTS – FULLY VACCINATED – We take the risks of COVID-19 very seriously and follow the Government’s restrictions for events and group gatherings which mandate that ALL EVENT ATTENDEES OVER THE AGE OF 12 YEARS AND 2 MONTHS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED to attend on race day, or have a valid medical exemption.All attendees must check-in and show proof of vaccination status on arrival at the event.
OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM: The event program in the window below is essential reading for all event attendees and covers details like event schedule, course maps, parking details and more.
Read an online copy HERE.
Download a PDF copy of your own HERE.
Race day schedule
Sunday 12 December 2021
|7:00am – 9:30am||Race registration open|
|8:20am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – long and medium course|
|8:30am||START – Long Course (13.5km)|
|8:40am||START – Medium Course (8.5km)|
|8:50am||HIIT Factory aerobics warm up – short course|
|9:00am||START – Short Course (5.5km)|
|9:25am||Short course winner expected|
|9:30am||Medium course race winner expected|
|9:45am||Long course winner expected|
|11:00am||Race presentation and spot prize giveaways|
The Event Expo and Start / Finish area at Meikles Point Picnic Area at Werribee Gorge State Park includes sponsors displays, food / coffee for sale, live music, race commentary, social media boards, presentations and plenty more.
All in all it’s a lovely, welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not. For a full list of services see the Event Expo page.
Event centre and race finish line:
Meikles Point Picnic Area, Werribee Gorge State Park (Pentland Hills, Victoria)
Directions to get to Werribee Gorge – Meikles Point Picnic Area:
Drive 76 km from Melbourne on the Western Highway/Freeway (M8) past Bacchus Marsh and take the Myrniong exit. Turn left onto Pentland Hills Road for 1.4 km then right onto Myers Road, following this road for 3.7 km past Quarry car park to Meikles Point picnic area.
Car parking and event access:
Car parking will be very tight and we really recommend people car pool with friends as much as possible.
- Car parking will be in the various gravel car parks (small) on Myers Rd and on either sides of the road. Please note the following:
- Please follow the directions of parking marshals on the day
- Be prepared to walk up to 2km to get to the event centre (see it as a warm up for your run!)
- Two way access must be maintained at all times
- Please don’t block people in and be considerate of others
Start line location
The start line is located adjacent to the trickling river in the the Event Expo/Finish line in Meikles Point Picnic Area.
- 8:30am Long course race start
- 8:40am Medium course race start
- 9:00am Short course race start
All distances will start racing with a single wave start.
Please place yourself in the start chute according to your honest running ability, with fast runners near the front, recreational runners in the middle and those who are here to enjoy yourself towards the back.
- Please be honest about your ability as it will maximise your and everyone else’s enjoyment if you place yourself accurately
- Your time will be recorded when you cross the timing mat at the start, so it does not truly matter where you start
- Those runners waiting for your start are asked to wait to the side of the start chute so you are out of the way of runners getting under way
Competitor number plates
Number plate identification
All competitors are required to wear their race number plate whilst running in the race. Numbers must be safety pinned to the front of your race top so it is clearly visible from the front.
- GOLD number plates denote runners who have entered the entire Trail Running Series, doing at least 4 of the 5 events in the series.
- RED, GREEN & BLUE number plates will be given to all single race runners… ie, those who are not entered into the entire Series. Red (long course), Green (medium course), Blue (short course).
If you have a GOLD number plate and are doing all races in the series please KEEP YOUR NUMBER PLATE and timing tag to use for all of your races in the series. We will not be re-issuing number plates to series runners.
Number plate collection
Competitors who entered the Werribee Gorge race (or the series) BEFORE 8:00am Friday 26th November will receive their event number plate in the post before the event.
Competitors who enter the Werribee Gorge race (or the series) AFTER 8:00am Friday 26th November must collect their event number plate from Registration on race morning.
Once you have received your number plate (either via post or collection) you do not need to ‘report in’ or register at the event venue on race morning, just warm up, arrive at the start line ready to race!
We strongly encourage all runners NOT TO WEAR HEADPHONES or listen to music whilst running in the Trail Running Series events. This is primarily for your safety, so that runners wishing to overtake on a narrow section of track can communicate with you and advise where/how they’d like to pass without causing a crash. The courses also pass through some magnificent eucalypt bush land filled with birds and other wildlife that is all part of the trail running experience and if you’re pounding away to music you can’t hear that either!